Thursday, February 26, 2009

Decision is............

            To begin this project, I followed the advice from the reading earlier this week; I wrote down multiple lists of words that had to do with my school of choice.  My school was Battlefield Elementary School, home of the soldiers!  Our colors were red and white.  I decided to list and use other words such as stars, stripes, and the color blue to just play up the “America” feel of the soldier.  Our logo was an extremely pixilated image of a soldier in black and white.  I redrew him in my sketches making him a little bit more playful, adding height, color, and somewhat of a smirk.  In a lot of my designs I wanted to incorporate the letter B for Battlefield.  I think I used all of my elements pretty successfully.  I choose my first listed logo because I think that the soldier is highlighted in the oval nicely and the other elements only add little pieces of flair.  It flows well together.  I would like to go back and fine-tune it a bit though.  I also really like the third one; if I were to go back and make the letter B 3-D then I think it would be more successful.  Overall, I just used the line, arc, shape, and fill tools.  Illustrator was very hard to figure out, so I stayed with the simple tools.  

1 comment:

  1. You're off to a very good start, I think, however none of them scream "logo" at me. They are a bit too illustrative. With your first choice, I think if you combined the soldier with the "B" to make one form, it would help. Like maybe use the soldier as the backbone of the letter and then have the stars and stripes make up the curvature. Good job so far!

    ReplyDelete