Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Cookie Monster

My roommate Liz is in love with cookies. Every night after she eats her dinner, she undoubtedly opens up the refrigerator and breaks out our packet of cookie dough. Obviously, she (and her actions) is what inspired my photo essay.  I decided to follow her throughout the process of "cookie making." I attempted to get some interesting angles (ex. standing on my kitchen counter, putting my hand in a hot oven, etc). As for the editing process, I brought each image into photoshop and cropped them to my liking.  I really wanted the cookies to stand out, so with each image I cut out the cookies using the magic wand tool.  Then I used the inverse tool and turned the background black and white. On some of the pictures I did choose to blur out the background to make the main images stand out more.  I wanted some sort of alteration that would connect the images even more than I already had, so I decided to use a film grain filter.  I really like how everything turned out.  I think that the compositions and color choices work very well with each other. Liz, of course, was also very pleased with the results; its just one more shrine to her favorite food.

No comments:

Post a Comment